How to join an agricultural production cooperative
To join the agricultural production cooperative after its state registration, you need to meet certain requirements. There are two types of membership available: members and associate members. Only individual citizens can become members of a cooperative, and both citizens and legal entities can be its associates.
The procedure for joining an agricultural cooperative does not depend on the type of membership. To join the cooperative, apply. The decision to admit to membership or to refuse admission is taken by the management bodies of the cooperative.
What requirements must be met in order to join a cooperative
Only Russian citizens can become members of the cooperative. General requirements for a citizen to become a member of a cooperative:
- age 16 years and over;
- recognition of the charter of the cooperative;
- acceptance of personal professional participation in the cooperative activities;
- work in the cooperative should be main job for any citizen.
The cooperative has the right to add additional information about the conditions for admission to the cooperative to the charter:
- the level of qualifications and personal qualities of citizens admitted to membership;
- remoteness of a citizen's enterprise when he/she is accepted as a member of a cooperative;
- requirements for the range and quality of goods produced by a citizen;
- other requirements, which do not contradict the Law on Agricultural Cooperation and the charter of the cooperative.
Not only Russian citizens, but also legal entities, regardless of their organizational and legal forms and forms of ownership, can become associated members of the cooperative, if such membership is provided for by the charter of the cooperative,. For associate members of the cooperative there is a single requirement. To become an associate member, a citizen or a legal entity must contribute a share payment, according to which they will receive dividends, to the cooperative. The size of the share contribution and the conditions for paying dividends on it is determined by the charter of the cooperative, according to a contract that the cooperative concludes with its associate members.
This procedure is provided for in articles 13-14 of the Federal Law of 08.12.1995 No. 193-FL "On Agricultural Cooperation" (hereinafter - the Law on Agricultural Cooperation).
When can you join a cooperative
You can enter the production cooperative at any time after its state registration.
How to apply
To become a member of the cooperative after its state registration, apply for membership in the cooperative. In this case, citizens or legal entities must comply with the requirements established in the legislation or the charter of the cooperative. The form of the application is not defined by the legislation, therefore make it in any form.
In the application, indicate the responsibility:
- comply with the requirements of the charter of the cooperative;
- contribute in accordance with the articles of association;
- bear subsidiary responsibility for the obligations of the cooperative.
This is stated in Article 15 of the Law on Agricultural Cooperation.
How the cooperative decides on admission to membership
The decision on admission or refusal to admit a new member is taken by the board of the cooperative. Then the decision of the board is approved by the supervisory board of the cooperative, and after - the general meeting of members of the cooperative. If there is no supervisory board, the decision of the board is immediately confirmed at the general meeting of members of the cooperative.
The applicant is considered to be a member of the cooperative after the corresponding decision of the board of the cooperative has been approved by the supervisory board or the general meeting of members of the cooperative.
If the decision on admission is positive, the new member of the cooperative is given a membership card. In the passport they indicate:
- surname, name, patronymic of the citizen or the name of the legal entity;
- the basis for joining a cooperative - membership or associate membership;
- the date of joining the cooperative;
- amount of the mandatory share and the date of its deposit;
- type of share contribution - cash, property, including land, or property rights;
- size of the incremental unit, the date of its accrual and redemption;
- amount of the returned share contributions and the date of their payment;
- additional information at the request of the cooperative.
With an associate member, the cooperative also enters into an agreement, which determines the size of the share contribution and the conditions for paying dividends on it.
If a citizen or legal entity is refused admission to the cooperative, a motivated decision to refuse is reported to the applicant in writing. The applicant can appeal against this decision at the general meeting of members of the cooperative. After the applicant has eliminated the reason for the refusal, he can reapply for membership in the cooperative.
This procedure is stipulated in Article 15 of the Law on Agricultural Cooperation.
Application for membership in a production agricultural cooperative.
We offer to read useful articles for agricultural cooperation in the system "Life situations":
- How to get state support for agricultural cooperation. Read
- How to get credit support for agricultural cooperation in "SME Bank". Read
- How to get government subsidies in the framework of agricultural cooperation. Read
- How to lease a state or municipal land for the purposes of agricultural cooperation. Read
- How to acquire a state or municipal land for the purposes of agricultural cooperation. Read
- What to choose: a peasant (individual) farm or an agricultural production cooperative. Read